Tuesday, September 28, 2010

50 Tips for Surviving Your Worst Work Days

F.I.N.A.L.L.Y!! The long awaited post I've been talking about......


I actually stumbled across this article/write-up/information (whatever you want to call it) in yahoo.com while aimlessly surfing the net 1 day and it happened to be on the day when I got back home from a long, exhausted day at work...... I thought to myself, " Oh god I really need to check that out man......"

But I feel some of the tips are not really that helpful/applicable...... I really hope those peeps who are equally stressed can gain some "enlightenment" from these tips...... Incredibly long post ahead therefore it took me forever to get it done. And in between editing/composing it, I stopped for a few days coz it's just too long and I ever thought of giving up for something simpler. Sorry for the lack of post recently due to this "big" project...... Ok I shall cut the crap......

Tip #1 

























Hmmm...... Ok point noted.

Tip #2 

Learn to manage your emotions, instead of letting them control you.

 I hardly shows any emotions when I'm working so that's fine.
 
Tip #3

Cultivate a sense of humor

We always managed to squeeze in some fun amidst the war thou. 

Tip #4

Resist perfectionism


















Should really apply to some of the people in my workplace too......
 
Tip #5

Resist micromanaging 

  











Ya lor...... If you really wants things your way then do everything yourself!!
 
Tip #6

Get the sleep you need

  


























Stress until cannot sleep properly...... So how??
 
Tip #7

Try getting to work 10-15 minutes early

My work starts at 8.45am but I always reach around 8am...... Still stress......

Tip #8

Take regular breaks



















OMG...... This one is IMPOSSIBLE...... And that guy seems like taking a nap rather than a break......

Tip #9

Take a walk at lunch, or do some stretching exercises, or jumping jacks, or something

Wah lau! As if my job is'nt physical enough!!

Tip #10

Don't overdo the caffeine


   

















Tea counted also??

Tip #11
Don't skip breakfast or lunch 




















I dun skip breakfast but I just wish I have more time for it......

Tip #12

Learn to recognize symptoms of stress (anxiety, headache, anger) so you can nip it in the bud   
























No time to deal with it seriously......

Tip #13
Make some friends/allies at work 

























Luckily I have a bunch of nice co-workers......

Tip #14 
Talk about your stress, to somebody 

















My cat does wonders for me......

Tip #15

Pay attention to your breathing; slow it down, deepen it 

Sorry too busy to even breathe......

Tip #16

Post family photos (or other images that make you happy) in your workspace




















I dun think we are allowed to paste anything on the dental chair......

Tip #17

Focus on the now (i.e., don't agonize over the past, don't fret over the future)

In another words, be unapologetic and dun plan for the future......

Tip #18 

Take some alone time

















I always loved my me time......

Tip #19
Find harmless ways to vent; e.g., cry, or punch a pillow 




















For me its either shopping or eating!!

Tip #20

Vary your routine

I feel most of the tips here are N.A

Tip #21

Stop trying to multitask


 
 












Its a sad reality of the need for multi-tasking......

Tip #22

Remind yourself of what's really important in life




















My cat sometimes waits at the door too......


Tip #23

Beef up your skills; become better and faster at what you do

  













How to work fast and not get stressed??

Tip #24

Make sure you truly know what is expected of you (you may need to talk to your boss)


  




















Inviting troubles?? No way......

Tip #25
 
Try looking at situations from different points of view





















Hmmm......

Tip #26

Seek work that suits your personality

   













Hmmm yeah......

Tip #27

Learn to say "no."

      















Ok. Talk to my hand.

Tip #28 

Always have a fallback plan (a "Plan B") 


















This is hilarious shit!!

Tip #29

Get better organized

   
























Yeah I like this kind of "Organisation"

Tip #30

Clean up workspace clutter 

  
















Never ending clutter......

Tip #31

Stop procrastinating 

































No, that's not me obviously even though I do procastinate sometimes......


Tip #32

Make your workspace as ergonomic as you can 

Ok, this is for those who has a desk-bound job......

Tip #33

Wear clothes that are comfortable and that you look good in
  
































Usually I dun bother to dress up if I'm gonna just go work and go home after that...... And I cant wear dresses since I'm riding......

Tip #34

Try some "positive affirmations."
     






















Like self-deceiving leh......

Tip #35

Learn to manage your boss
  
 












I rather don't...... Just leave me in peace......

Tip #36

Meditate/pray/contemplate

  
















Whahahaha......

Tip #37

Avoid negative people as much as you can

































They always come to me how to avoid??

Tip #38

Write down the things you like about your job 
         



























Wahahaha damn funny...... 

Tip #39

Make a list of all your achievements in the last year



Yeah......

Tip #40

Get clear on your life goals and take a step, no matter how small, toward those goals every day 


































My goals everyday is to be able to knock off on time...... Can??

Tip #41

Learn to love yourself as you are 



I really do!

Tip #42

Put a smile on your face



Miaomi never fails to make me smile......

Tip #43

Get a hobby that makes you happy




















Yeah mine too......

Tip #44

Learn to prioritize. Learn to delegate



















There's a fine line between lazy and able to delegating......

Tip #45

Stop comparing yourself to others




















I never cause I know there is no end to it......

Tip #46

Ask for help when you need it
























Dun wanna trouble others......

Tip #47

Break big jobs into bite-size pieces

Doesn’t apply to my type of work/job......

Tip #48

Know your limitations and let others know them too






















Some people just dun care......

Tip #49

Don't try to control what is uncontrollable 


























I dun even want to care......

Tip #50

Hang in there!

































I'm also about to aaaaaaahhh... splat......

That's all folks...... I'm going crazy just editing it......


Signing off......

My new domo pouch!! Ultra cute!!

No comments:

Post a Comment